Hey, It’s Ib…
This is an exclusive post because I have one of my very very very good friends, very hardworking and down to earth. She’s an award winning fashion designer, tailor, stylist and a huge money maker. Give it up forrrrrrrrrr 🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁
Rebecca or as I call her, Becky is the proud CEO of Becky’s Fashion Palace, a brand that is currently making waves. Becky’s going to be telling us all about BFP, why she chose fashion and just a little something about what the fashion industry’s really like so sit back and read with me….
1. How was BFP created?
B: BFP is a brand that I’m gradually bringing to life.
The goal is to have a place like shoprite but all fashion.
I’ll call it Becky’s Fashion Palace.
It’s going to have different slots and sessions in it.
From shoe session,female clothing,male clothing,bridals,accessories,male salon,female salon,kiddies wears,spa…everything fashion in one building.
That’s why it called Becky’s Fashion Palace.
I know I’m not there yet,the journey is still quite long.
But as the saying goes,the journey of a thousand miles begins with a step. And that step is what birthed BFP.
And when my dreams finally come true I’ll have a story to tell 🙏🏾
2. What is Fashion to you?
B: Basically fashion is style, it’s a way of expressing yourself, telling who you are through what you choose to wear. That’s why a chef has his own uniform which is also different from that of a lawyer.
People can identify you through your style.
3. When and why did you choose fashion designing as a career?
B: Fashion designing is a gift God has blessed me with, I started from making simple dresses with needle and thread without any acquired knowledge when I was about 8years old. And so right from time I knew this is my destiny.
4. What is your favourite part of being a fashion designer?
B: Being a designer especially at this level is sooo hard, still trying to get a large audience this is the part where I have to work extra hard.
But my favourite part is satisfying my clients,the smile on their faces when they rock their dresses is priceless.
5. The designs you create are extremely beautiful, who and what things are your inspirations while creating designs?
B: Thank you, well I always consider my target audience when creating a design. For instance I want to make a dress that teenagers would love, then it has to be hippy and comfortable.
If it’s for a red carpet dinner event? It has to be glamorous.
Basically I give my self a “theme” and create designs that expresses , befits and interprets the theme.
6. What skills are necessary for a successful fashion designer?
B: Creativity, you have to be very creative, Calm and very observant, to take note of every details in your design. Use every detail to your advantage.
7. How do you stay up to date regarding Fashion?
B: Social media and research.
You see different trends online every time, you don’t necessarily have to copy, you can pick a few ideas and create a masterpiece off another design.
You don’t have to copy and paste.
8. What do you consider to be the important facets of the fashion industry?
B: One important aspect will be “nudity”. It has become too unbridled, your designs may not be appreciated if it doesn’t show off some parts of your body, designers need to change this ideology and set decent trends.
9. What are your greatest strengths and weaknesses?
B: My greatest strengths in designing are making female wears. I’m not so good with male wears yet, but I’m working on it.
10. Where do you see yourself in the next 10 years?
B: In the next 10 years, I want Becky’s Fashion Palace to be the best in Africa,to be a house hold brand, like Gucci, Versace and others.
And with time, I’ll be known internationally as well.
11. How would you describe your personal style?
B: I don’t have a particular style. I dress according to my mood,the occasion I’m going for as well but I’m a goofy person,you’ll see a bit of that in the way I dress.
Not too simple and not too ratchet either. Just a little bit of everything.
12. Fashion designing can be very stressful, I presume. How do you handle the stress?
B: Jesus Christ 🙏🏾
He helps me through it all.
He’s my stress relief.
I just take time off and talk to him😌
13. I’m sure you’ve had your fair share of arrogant or rude clients, how do you deal with them?
B: Ummm in business,they say customers are always right.
As an entrepreneur these words are important “I’m sorry,thank you”
Some people are naturally troublesome but then two wrongs can’t make a right, so I try my best to satisfy my customers but when they’re satisfied I inflate the price.
14. Who are your role models in the fashion industry?
B: Deola Sagoe,Mai Atafo.
15. Tell us something about you?
B: I’m very calm, I love singing, I’m very artistic.
And I’ll love to be an actress someday 😂
16. What is the most valuable thing you’ve learnt through your experience?
B: Hard work and persistence is key but it takes the grace of God to amount to anything. So work hard, trust the process and put your whole faith in God.
17. What was the biggest rookie mistake you made when just starting out?
B: Over sabi sabi.
Making a customer’s dress when I wasn’t well equipped with the skill🌝.
It ended in tears.
18. What role do you think social media plays in fashion today?
B: Social media promotes trends and gives you more audience .
19. If you could go back and tell yourself one thing before beginning your career, what would it be?
Nothing really I started off with a lot of energy.
I just wish that I have more supportive parents.
20. What advice do you have to people who want to begin to dive into Fashion and it’s industry, but don’t know what to do or aren’t sure of themselves?
B: Well, it is one thing to be a fashion designer and it’s another thing to make a business out of it. It’s important to know which you’re doing so as to do the right things required.
Amazing! Amazing!! Amazing!!!
An applause for Becky everybody! 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽
I hope you enjoyed her answers and also her lovely designs. If you want to also rock an amazing dress by BFP, then you can contact her using her details below:
Call/WhatsApp number: 07032196584
IG handle: @beckysfashionpalace @proudly_becca
I hope you loved this week’s post! I personally did. Thank you for all your support. Love you!
2 replies on “FASHION DESIGNING WITH BECKY”
Greater heights I pray 🙏🏽💯
Amen, thank you ❤️